Wednesday, August 31, 2011


Well...not to be all negative and whatever, but last weekend was seriously a DO-OVER weekend...it was really not the end of the world when we went camping/hunting up north and didn't see one turkey, and it was literally freezing...and our heater in the trailer broke and we almost all became human popsicles and I didn't feel my feet for two days...but I decided to leave my precious pup at home this time buhcuz last time some hikers asked me if I was trolling for bears with my dog...huh...what? Like my Bear was bear bait...oh Heavens NO!! So home he stayed...and on the day we left, or pet sitter came over to visit and I guess my sweet darling pup:


 fell and landed wrong...and broke his foot...pretty much every toe!


I could cry.

So we got home on Sunday...I took him to the vet on Monday for the x-ray...went in on Tuesday for a consult with the surgeon who said surgery was a must...like itty bitty pins in his itty bitty toe bones kind of surgery...then left my darling boy at the hospital Tuesday night so he could be there for surgery this morning.

sigh...

so, naturally, it cost a fortune...again, I could cry...but I couldn't NOT do it. He would end up deformed and suffering from arthritis for the rest of his life. He's 2. Not gonna happen. Talked to the doc this afternoon and he did well and I can pick him up tomorrow.
Which brings me to my post...
I had a lovely home decor item to post...but it's still just photos in my camera...and I need to post something, but I also gotta get to bed...BUT, I did make something a while back that I'll share today...and between now and my next post, I will get it together and get the lovely home decor info ready to post, k? So until then, here's what I've got for ya':


This measures 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and I just trimmed the edge of the orange Bazzill card stock with my Purple Cow trimmer with the wavy wheel...
I printed the "Owl always love you!" in a dark brown to match the piece of book page that I ripped by hand and used Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist on.
I used my Cricut to cut out the bitty owl and shadow. 
For his eyes, I just stuck on some green Bazzill jewels.
The flower is a pink napkin. I liked the softness of it. I punched a flower shape twice and curled the petals with the side of a needle and glued the two layers together, staggering them. Used a dab of glue gun, sprinkled some glitter then squished a clear Bazzill Jewel in the middle. It was kind of a pain to punch, but my flower punch is old...as is my Purple Cow trimmer...


whoops!! Well, I HAVE been working out...so...
anyway, painted a cheap-o frame Aqua and glued a strip of coordinating paper to the back of the frame


like this...I squished it in the corner pretty good then glued and trimmed it.


here's the front...put that paper smack dab in the middle!


then glue the sentiment right smack dab in the middle of the paper strip. It will move around some when a breeze comes by and that's kinda cool.


soooo...there it is. Up on the wall looking like it belongs there. 

Any good mojo for the pup would be greatly appreciated...and prayers for a speedy recovery...