Sunday, March 20, 2011

The SUPER moon!!


So, after my 9 hour hike up to the Flat Iron and back (and not a sore ankle in sight, yay!!) I had to run out and try to get a shot of the SUPER moon. It's the closest to earth it's been for 20 years, so it was kinda one of those things I had to capture, even though every muscle in my body totally kills right now...so, i grabbed the kid and off we went to try and find a place with no obstructions in our view...and we wound up across the street from Mercy Gilbert (the best hospital ever!) on this little dead-end side street. We were getting our shot set up when the poe-leeece stopped by with their big, bright lights to see what we were doing and if we were okay...there had been a stabbing reported, and so we snapped a few shots, got creeped out and left. I had to help it out a bit in Photoshop, but this is what we got...not quite was I was hoping for, but...it's okay...and at least me n the kid are safe and sound!